1. Drawbridges. They were apt to open up suddenly, while you were right in the middle.
2. Foxes. They were cunning and evil and just waiting until your guard was down, so they could stalk and eat you.
3. Lava. It might spew out of any slope with no notice, and race downhill to burn your feet off, and then where would you be?
4. My dead step-grandmother. I'm sure that someone meant well when they told me she was looking down on me from heaven.
5. Driving unawares. I'd be navigating a busy dream-intersection, and suddenly realize that I didn't know how to drive.
6. Driving unawares in underwear. Always where Meighan Boulevard and Noccalula Road met -- the widest, busiest intersection in town. And me in my slip.
7. Every monster from Jonny Quest. But particularly that huge robot spider.
8. Accidentally poking my little brother's brains out. I was warned about the soft spot on a baby's head, but in my mind it was a paper-thin membrane that I was constantly in danger of breaking.
I was tagged by the Shady Gardener for the "8 Random Things" meme, but since I'd already done the "5 Random Things" I decided to change it to the "8 Childhood Fears" meme, which I just made up.
So, what scared you as a kid?