Monday, November 06, 2006

Still more game cam

Christmas Village is over for another year, so I hope I'll have more time now for blogs (both reading and writing).

And I swear I'll write about something other than the game cam eventually. But while I was away it captured some nice pictures. So, at the risk of sounding like a broken record... here's more game cam!


More turkeys. I don't know what it is about turkeys -- they just make me laugh.


A deer creeps onto the path.


I was surprised that the camera captured a rabbit hopping by.


Another clever bandit.


We had several rainy, drizzly days, during which this mysterious photo was taken. Chupacabra again?!

The animals definitely seem more active on dark, cloudy days.

The previous pictures were snapped during the week ending October 28th. The next series was for the week ending November 5th.


Spike buck.


These things happen...

I've zoomed most of the rest of the pictures since the subjects were fairly small in the total shot.


He looks a little damp!

Several coyotes were using the path:







Several bobcats too!







I'd say the second and third pictures are definitely of different bobcats. Possibly a female and a male, respectively.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, that was certainly worth waiting for! Darn Christmas Village, though.

Anonymous said...

Hello-I am new to your blog but wanted to let you know that I really enjoy the game cam!

NatureWoman said...

COOL photos! It's amazing how much is going on out there when we're not around.

Jen said...

Well, I like your regular posts, but I do love the game cam pics too. Never apologize for them, they're fabulous!

R.Powers said...

Dang! It's like I-75!
How do you ever keep any poultry around?

Glad you're back!

mountainmelody said...

Wow! You've sure convinced me not to stay out in the woods after dark! :)

Unknown said...

The bobcats are beautiful!

robin andrea said...

I find it really interesting that the coyotes and bobcats use the same trail so often. They all look very healthy, and that rabbit looks big and healthy too. You do have a lot of wildlife traffic on that piece of land. Very cool.

meresy_g said...

I love the photo of the two coyotes walking together. They look like husband and wife. They almost look like they're having a conversation. Probably about directions. I'm such an anthropomorphizer.

Cathy said...

Can't add anything new to the above kudos, but thanks for sharing this bit of wonderment.

Jenn said...

You can show me pics of bocats and coyotes anyday. Thanks!

Juli said...

I love the game cam... !! Have you explained how you have it set up?

Maktaaq said...

Great photos, Rurality!

Rurality said...

Thanks everybody! I've been having trouble trying to comment, even on my own blog. I think Blooger hates me.

Juli, I have talked about it before, but I need to make an archive/explanation page. I'll try to get to it soon!

FC, we're down to 6 hens. Two roosters.

Unknown said...

I have always loved coyotes. For some reason we seem to cross paths every now and than.