Sunday, December 30, 2007

Critter cam?



Chipmonk creeping through the holly.



Fox lurking in the houseplant... preparing to pounce.



Chipmonk hiding in Mom's Christmas tree.



Fox and chipmonk divide the crumbs from Mom's table.

-----

My sister's dog's toys, up to no good and pretending to be caught on the critter cam (my sister's idea). I had to be coaxed into the idea, but my brother got me going by taking the first pic above.

Isn't that a nice holly plant he gave us for Christmas, by the way?

-----

I just noticed that the chipmonk is hiding between examples of Mom's smocking, Mom's tatting, and Mom's crocheting. There is even a ceramic Santa she painted, in the background. She also made the ceramic napkin ring holder and the angel in the last pic, as well as the boxwood Christmas tree on the table. She's pretty crafty!

11 comments:

wineandroasts said...

I bought that AKC Chipmunk for my cats for Christmas! They're obsessed with squirrels and "Chippie" is about the right size. It sneaks up on them and hids behind their water bowl...Ooooh, we need to get out more!

Linda said...

Excellent your mother has continued the art of tatting. Very nice.

Anonymous said...

best critter cams that I have seen in a very long time! Thanks for the smiles!

Anonymous said...

I like this critter cam report! And your mother's Christmas tree with all of her handwork- very very nice. Happy New Year- wishing you all the very best for 2008.

Rurality said...

CG, too funny! My sister's Bichon really played with these things. Our cats have a little mouse they love, but it's stuffed with catnip so I think that's why.

Linda, I should probably get her to teach me, but I was such a flunk-out on the knitting! I didn't have the patience to do it well. And I'd get to frustrated because I couldn't figure out how to fix it if I made a mistake.

Tom, at least these won't be eating any of our chickens!

Thanks Vicki! I wish I could have inherited more of my Mom's crafty genes.

Kerri Farley said...

How cute!

I would say that Mom is VERY crafty!

Happy New Year!

Richard said...

You got me on the first picture. I said "Boy, they have funny chipmunks in Alabama." Then I scrolled down....nice pictures.

SantaBarbarian said...

LOVE the critter cam!

Should have had one on my tree... some cardinals...a lobster...a couple of snowy owls...and a flying cow.

:-)

Happy New Year!

Ewa said...

Happy New Year 2008!!

lisa said...

What fun! I used to love to play with stuffed toys...heh...meow. Your mom is very talented!

Shady Gardener said...

Lots of good memories in those handmade items by Mom! You're fortunate. :-)