Friday, November 14, 2008

How rude!



How rude, to just disappear for so many moons with no explanation.

In the beginning, I didn't realize it would be so long. I intended to start back several times, but somehow my good intentions kept getting foiled. (Evil forces, no doubt.)

Listlessness, lassitude, lethargy. Laziness! And also a bit of a detour towards a genealogical addiction.

I know, those dead relatives aren't really going anywhere. But with the living ones, well you never know. Got to prise all those deep dark family secrets out of them while they're still around. Got to motivate them to dig in the closet for those old portraits, before they're sold for a song at the estate sale (since nobody has a clue who those old moldy dudes are anymore).

Anyway. Sorry for the long absence. Hope you'll forgive me.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurray, you're back! Let's throw a party.

robin andrea said...

Nice to see you back, karen! Looking forward to the news and views from your neck of the woods.

Anonymous said...

Well, hey, you could share some of yor juicy dead-relative stories here! (Names changed to protect the guilt, of course.) Good to hear from you again in any case.

R.Powers said...

Just relieved to see you back in the fray!
Welcome.

Dani said...

Hooray!!!!

Omelay said...

yeah

Ontario Wanderer said...

Sometimes life gets in the way of play. Nice to know you are alive and well!

Anonymous said...

I have almost worn my PC out checking to see if you had reappeared, so I was happily surprised tonight when I learned you were active again. Your posts were always something to look forward to.......long may you keep at it!!!!!!

MamaHen said...

YEA!!!

Rurality said...

Thanks y'all, sorry it took me so long to get back to it.

Ericka said...

yay! you're back! missed you.

Anonymous said...

Richness returns to the world! Thanks for coming back.

boobler said...

It may be too late for my brain to disassociate a cartoon stink bug with some unnamed tragedy. One cannot live on "niches" alone. I require balance. Welcome back.

roger said...

my, how time flies.

Katie B said...

Forgiven!!! Glad to see you're back, I love reading your stuff!

Gail said...

Glad your back...gail

Rurality said...

Thanks everybody. Glad to see all of you again!

Annie in Austin said...

Going on genealogical benders is sometimes the only way that works.

We'd forgive you anything because we missed you, Rurality...and it's in our own self-interests not to squawk. Any one of us might need to temporarily disappear and then return.

It's good to read your posts.

Annie at the Transplantable Rose

Anonymous said...

Welcome back. Pull up a keyboard, grab a cup of joe, light a cigar, and stay a while. We can change the world one bird pic at a time.

lisa said...

Forgive? Pshaw! No need! Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

Huzzah!! Good to have you back karen. I've missed your corner of the world.