Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Major award

The leg lamp from the movie A Christmas Story is so well known, that when someone speaks of a major award, you think they're kidding.



My nephew really won a major award, though.



A "What do you mean, I have to pay taxes on it?!" MAJOR Major Award.



My sister-in-law told me that he's actually the third person in the family to have won something this substantial... an aunt and an uncle, on separate sides of the family, have both won cars.



Our nephew is back stateside now, having finally finished his tour in Iraq. And you may remember that he previously served in Afghanistan.

Hubby says this bike may be more dangerous than either of those.



He had to try it out too, though.



I can't help myself, I just love a man on a motorcycle!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

My momma always said you should only ride a motorcycle if you want to be an organ donor.

robin andrea said...

That's quite a bike. Amazing good luck runs in that family. I like what Pablo's momma said.

nfmgirl said...

When my brother wanted to get a motorcycle at about 18 or 19 years of age, but while he still lived at home, Mom told him, "That's fine, but you had better buy LOTS of tires." "Why?", my brother asked. Mom replied, "Because every morning I will be going out and slashing your tires!"

My brother did NOT get a motorcycle.

Latane Barton said...

The open road is calling... I hope he enjoys and stays safe.

MamaHen said...

Wow! That is a great award. Ahh, a man on a motorcycle...I've never had that itch. Until just recently that is. I think I may develope an interest in them myself due to recent events! ;)

Ericka said...

well, congrats to him.

i flip back and forth - i have VERY good memories of guys on bikes, but i've lost a lot of friends to them. last year, we lost my brother's best friend. he had that bike lit up like a christmas tree, and was wearing all of the protective gear available. some jerk ran a stop sign and it didn't make a bit of difference. my dad says that it doesn't matter who's right, but who's left.

please urge your nephew to be careful.

Anonymous said...

How amazing! Nice chopper for sure!

Pamela said...

yes - we have some friends whose eldest son is over "there"
... and here in safe place, the father and 13 year old son took a spill on their motorcycle and fathers leg was injured severely.

He's back on it, tho!

It sure is a pretty bike (even without your hubby sitting on it)

Rurality said...

Yeah, the first thing out of everyone's mouth was "be careful". The second thing was always a tale of someone they knew who got killed on a motorcycle. The question is, will a 20-something listen? I wish he'd just take cash, but I think he's already too in love with the bike to consider that.

The Country Experience said...

Wow, that's some serious luck that runs in the family.