Some bloggy facts:
1. The first blog I ever read was My Blue House. It's gone now.
2. I know the secret identities of seven bloggers.
3. Some are more secret than others.
4. I've only met one other blogger in person.
5. It's one of the seven from #2.
6. One of my resolutions for the new year of 2005 was to start a blog.
7. I'd feel so much better about that accomplishment if it hadn't already been on my resolutions list for several years.
8. This year I was banned from commenting on one blog, for making a real smarty-pants comment.
9. I don't read that blog anymore.
10. Because to me a blog should be a two-way street, or else it's just another web page.
11. But I try to keep my more sarcastic thoughts to myself nowdays.
12. Technorati doesn't work all that well really, but I've found some of my favorite blogs by searching there to see who was writing about things that I was interested in.
13. Blogging has a lot of similarities to one of my former hobbies: writing to a jillion penpals.
14. Except that everyone can read your letters.
15. And you get a lot fewer postcards from the Faroe Islands.
Part II, coming right up.