Monday, September 11, 2006

Critter Cam returns!

We've gotten into the habit of not even checking the game cam this summer, since it was so warm that the infrared sensor never took any pictures. But when Hubby looked last week, we did have two photos. Both had been taken in July.

The first was this curious deer.



Then there was this fine fellow.



Click the picture to see a larger view. (His antlers are covered in velvet.)

It's starting to cool off slightly now, particularly at night. So once we get fresh batteries in the camera, I hope we'll get more critter cam action.

-----

Critter cam entries from last spring include:
Night moves
Say cheese
Ooh, nice...
In the still of the night
More game cam
Bobcat Valentine
Scaredy-deer
How rude!

9 comments:

Lorianne said...

I love that first "extreme closeup." Can you say, "Cheeky"?

Ericka said...

yay, critter cam!

dad's trying to figure out how to use his to capture the little red squirrel that visits their feeder. he's SO cute with his tufted ears! he's also skittish - if you even start to crank open the window, he runs for it. so far, we've managed some beautiful shots of the screen. *sigh* but, we've got a remote and we aren't afraid to use it! eventually, triumph, and squirrel pictures, shall be ours!

Rainypete said...

What a great pic! I've got to get me one of those. How much fun is that?

R.Powers said...

I too love the silly close-up shot. His goofy look reminds me of Heifer on Rocko's Modern Life.

gawilli said...

This is very neat. Thanks for including the past pics for newcomers. I really enjoy seeing the critters we do not have around here - bobcats and the coyotes!

Karen Schmautz said...

Aaaack! Deer...they have again created a stem garden for me. I don't think I have ever seen one single early fall blooming plant in my garden with an actual bloom on it, let alone any leaves. All I have are stalks.

I love that cam.

Anonymous said...

This so cool! I'd heard of cams in dorm rooms, cams in bedrooms, but not a Critter Cam. I love it!

Rachel said...

Oh, love the pictures!! I love the cam! I'll be watching for further wildlife!!

melissa said...

im fascinated ..i've sat here for the last 1/2 hour going thru the archive of photos
..wow what great pictures..coyote..bobcat. Racoon, deer.
we dont get anything like that here in australia(we have deer but not here )mind you we do have our own weird and wonderful animals ..i 'd love something like this ...thanks for posting the archive