Monday, October 24, 2005

My cup runneth over



Our Amazing Kitchen Soap is featured in the November issue of Cooking Light magazine!

It's very exciting. My sister-in-law was nice enough to send me this scan, since I still haven't received my copy yet. (My mail lady is possibly holding it hostage.)

I knew it was coming, so made plenty of extra Kitchen soap. What I didn't anticipate was that so many people would be ordering 10 or 12 at a time.

So with that and two big craft shows coming up, I may be too busy for a lot of blog writing or reading in the upcoming weeks.

But if I'm missing from here, just imagine me as that figure on the left of the page, with a big smile of gratitude on my face.



Oh yeah, I can also report that besides garlic and onions, the Amazing Kitchen Soap works well on other smelly odors you might get on your hands... fish... bleach... smoke... that odor you absorb when trying to wrangle smelly dogs who've been rolling around in things you'd rather not think about...

18 comments:

robin andrea said...

Congratulations. This is great news. I think it's wonderful to be too busy to blog every now and then, too. Life is good!

sugarcreekfarm said...

Congratulations! So well-deserved. I love this soap.

Matt wasn't paying attention when he needed a new bar of soap for the shower, grabbed this one (or maybe the gardener's soap) and started scrubbing. Hee hee

Sharfa said...

Sweet! Congrats!

Niobium said...

Awesome news! Good for you.

Rainypete said...

It won't be lon gnow, you'll be worryinga bout how to fill all those orders!!
Congrats!

R.Powers said...

Kaching!, Kaching! Good for you!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Good for you!!! May this only be the beginning for you!

Amy Stewart said...

Wow! Congrats! I wonder how many bars of soap Cooking Light can help get out into the world? Amazing.

Anonymous said...

First, you're on Magazine Man's blogroll. Now you're in Cooking Light. I'm jealous...but congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations ... and I love the way you have packaged your soap ... it's good art! It's joy when marketing is also beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, that is just fantastic!

-Sarah
http://www.slaphog.com/sarahblog/

Happy and Blue 2 said...

That's just great. Glad you have become all famous and successful and stuff.
And don't worry about us. We'll just lurk around on your site while you are away being all successful and famous and stuff..

SantaBarbarian said...

Super Terrific! Congrats!

Rurality said...

Thanks so much everybody!

Magazine Man said...

Excellent. Was going to send you a scan of my copy, but see you got one.

I told you this would be a good problem to have.

Congrats!

Suzanne said...

Wonderful, fantastic news!!!

Now get back in the workshop and start brewing up that soap.

Rurality said...

Thanks so much everybody! Boy oh boy am I busy. :)

Anonymous said...

Hurricanes have a special way of making one late to a party. A belated "congratulations" and hat's off to you.

Careful with that lye, now.