Friday, December 29, 2006

Game Cam rides again

The game cam supposedly makes videos as well as photos. But when we tried it, things didn't turn out so well. Then when my husband tried setting it back to just photos, it wouldn't work at all. But I think it may finally be fixed.


This bobcat is from late November, just before the camera started misbehaving.


Finally, after nearly a month, it's working again! This is the largest antlered deer we've caught on the camera, although we did see a few larger ones when we first moved here. Doesn't he look healthy?


The flash scares the deer I think -- we never see the same one (in the same area) twice. Too bad that doesn't work on catfish-stealing otters too.

-----

The Limited edition ark will board more animals over the weekend.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the wildlife your camera captures. Wouldn't it be awesome to see video of these animals! I love watching wildlife in action.

Lorianne said...

Wow, I didn't know otters came to your game cam! How sleek he looks!

Alan said...

I have really enjoyed your game cam photos. In fact you've convinced me to get one for myself! Thanks for posting them.

.....Alan.

R.Powers said...

Wow, expensive catfish fingerlings really do produce sleek otters! Who knew!

Magnificent buck muscles.

Kay Cooke said...

I think a night cam would be so awesome except here in NZ suburbia, all we'd get would be the odd possum and domestic cat - maybe some moths - but who knows? Maybe more goes on than we think ... I know one night as ABM and I walked along a dark beach a little penguin walked across in front of us on its way to its bed in the dunes. But we don't get bob cats or otters, that I know for sure.

Little Blue Petal said...

This is so exciting! I would love to see a bobcat! :-)

dmmgmfm said...

That is a healthy looking buck. The game cam rocks!

Cathy said...

Wow. These pixes are delightful and make me a titch wishful that I lived in a place with more abundant wildlife. Still, the vicarious pleasure is rather nice and if we ever get snow, something other than house sparrows will show up at my feeders :0)

LauraHinNJ said...

Are otters as cute as your camera makes them look?

Rachel said...

Wow, neat pictures! That buck does look pretty and healthy! The bobcat is pretty too and the otter!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see that the game cam is back in action. I was hoping to give one (a game cam) to Libby as a holiday gift this year, but that hasn't happened yet (the holiday or the gifting).

sonia a. mascaro said...

What an amazing pictures!

Wishing you and your family a Very Happy and Peaceful 2007!

robin andrea said...

All the critters there look healthy and well-fed. Your bobcat looks bigger than the one we've been seeing in our yard. I realized the other day that we see more bobcats than we do coyotes. But I'm sure the coyote population is larger. If those cameras weren't so expensive we'd get one. The coyotes leave their scat calling card all along our road.