Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Su Doku

Sorry if it seems a bit like "Rurality Lite" lately. This is the week of 5 million appointments and projects.

Too much going on today so I'm just leaving this link for an addictive puzzle.

It's called Su Doku, which in Japanese means "number place". (Don't worry, you won't have to perform mathmatics.)

The newspaper (The Times from the UK) posts a new puzzle each day, increasing in difficulty as the week progresses.

We got hooked in a hurry. We downloaded the Su Doku program so we could play on the computer too.

Highly recommended!

7 comments:

swamp4me said...

You come across as such a nice person on your blog -- and then you reveal your true self!! Evil, pure evil :D
I hope you're happy now that you have me addicted to Su Doku! *g*
People ask, "Where's Swamp? Outside?" Oh no. She's inside hunched over a scrap of paper, muttering and scribbling...

Rurality said...

Heh. I'm glad someone likes it! My husband is the BBC addict who got me started on them. The program is sooo nice, and no eraser crumbles anywhere...

Anvilcloud said...

Okay, I just tried the first easy example, and I managed to do it. That's probably enough of a challenge for this poor, feeble brain.

Rurality said...

Puzzles are good exercise for your brain! They are supposed to stave off Alzheimer's, or so I've heard.

Maktaaq said...

Yes, they supposed to stave off Alzheimer's...I clip out crossword puzzles from the paper and have a folder full of them.

But I cheat. If I am not getting answers to one of them, I switch over the next. I have been doing some puzzles for ten years now.

Rurality said...

Maktaaq I like crosswords too but don't do them as often nowdays as I used to.

sudoku master said...

Many sudokus are here >>

http://sudoku.jouwpagina.nl