Sunday, May 01, 2005

Weekend food blogging

With everything that's gone wrong this week, at least the squash came out well.




If only there were a Photoshop button for "make it look like I didn't put quite so much butter on it".

Take some summer squash or zucchini, and boil them until the skin pierces easily with a fork. Cut the stem end off, slice in half lengthwise, and make a few light cross-cuts on the open faces. Spread with butter and sprinkle with seasoned salt and a little shredded cheese (Parmesan or Mozzarella). Broil until the cheese is browned, about 5 minutes.

5 comments:

Maktaaq said...

'If only there were a Photoshop button for "make it look like I didn't put quite so much butter on it".'

I'm going to be chuckling over that one, and 'Bigfoot Quality Photo' for years to come.

Rhodent said...

That looks yummy!

Rurality said...

This is one recipe I make all the time, because it's easy, it's good, and I can remember it off the top of my head!

No, we didn't grow the squash... too early even in Alabama!

In fact we had a late frost last week that killed a lot of what we had just planted. It was not supposed to get that cold so we were caught unaware and had not even tried to protect anything.

The soup sounds good too. We had lots of zukes last year (until we had non-stop rain for weeks that drowned everything).

Jolie said...

Finally got to try this last night, only I subbed some of last summer's pesto for the butter. Yum!! And really, really easy. This is probably going to end up on our regular rotation. Thanks so much!

Rurality said...

Ooh pesto, what a good idea! I'll have to remember that one.

Originally the recipe as told to me didn't have the cheese - just butter and seasoned salt. But to me it just cried out for cheese. :)